Well, I am in the process of changing jobs (finally), and Monday will be my last day at the old job. I start at the new place on Monday of next week, so that gives me almost a week off to take care of *stuff*. And with the recent wedding, house sales to prepare for, and general life, that a lot of *stuff* to deal with. So it's time to make up another "What did you do on your summer vacation?" task list.
Have the house land line phone repaired.
- Arrange rental van to haul books out of house.
- Rent a storage unit for book boxes and miscellaneous items.
- Move treadmill from living room to porch.
- Arrange for appraisal on Pinckney property.
- Move book boxes and other items to storage.
- Move the bookcase out of the upstairs office into the spare bedroom.
- Schedule the carpet guy to come in.
- Schedule the carpet cleaners to come in. (Purple trucks rule!)
- Have the carpet tack down and upstairs carpet removal done.
- Have the carpet cleaning done.
- Have the Pinckney appraisal done.
- Clean bathroom.
- Schedule the contractor to come in for bathroom and porch repairs.
- Have the bathroom and porch repairs done.
- Create a new realtor search based on proximity to new job and start running that.
- Start arrangements to list the Farmington House for sale.
Need new HP printer color ink cartridge.
- Rebuild Windows on Gateway desktop computer.
Verify start of medical coverage for new job.
- Send in new job final acceptance paperwork.
- Turn off automated job search e-mails.
- Return a couple of damaged wedding registry items.
- Start writing wedding thank you notes.
- Make tea for Heather and give her lots of affection.
- Call Flex Savings administrator and exhaust spending in the medical account.
- Deposit leftover checks from wedding into bank.
Replace burned out light bulb in spare bedroom.
- Buy two more 50W mini-spot light bulbs.
- Empty computer and electronics boxes from office to garage rafters.
- Fix the kick panel under the front doorway.
- Send out Penguicon Board activity reminders.
- Take Heather's car in for maintenance.
- Enjoy the very tasty home-cooked (and low-fat) meals that my talented wife makes for me.
- Get some Buddy Bones for the puppies.
- Repair the carousel CD player using the hanger queen downstairs.
- Follow up with Replacements.com about the pattern registry for the old silverware.
- Check with Towle about any guarantee on the current silverware.
- Add all wedding china and crystal patterns to the Replacement.com registry.
- Send in the insurance form and payment for the wedding bands.
- Arrange for people to help move book boxes to storage on Wednesday.
- Go with Heather to 5/3 Bank and deposit rollover 401(k) funds.
NOTE: I seem to be adding items faster than I am doing them. Took care of four items today, but added fifteen or so. This is NOT a good trend.